Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad is a blend of all your favorite fruits with a sweet and zesty dressing to make each fruit burst with flavor! Add color and flavor to your table with this light and fruitful salad.
A delicious and bright fruit salad made with fresh fruit and a delicious honey lime poppyseed glaze to go on top! I love using poppy seeds in my recipes to add a little texture and flavor. Banana Poppy Seed Muffins with an Orange Glaze, The Very Best Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole or Almond Poppy Seed Bundt Cake are a few recipes that have just that touch.
- 1 Fruit Salad
- 2 How Do You Make Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad?
- 3 What Fruit is Best for a Fruit Salad?
- 4 What Fruits Taste Good Together?
- 5 What are Poppy Seeds?
- 6 How Do You Make a Fruit Salad Last a Week?
- 7 How Do You Stop a Fruit Salad From Going Brown?
- 8 Can I Make a Fruit Salad a Day Before?
- 9 How Long Will a Fruit Salad Last?
- 10 Looking For More Fruit Salads? Here are More to Love!
- 11 Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
Oh my goodness. Fruit. The fact that my favorite fruits are coming into season makes me so excited! I am like a kid in a candy store. I crave fruit all of the time. But this pregnancy I just can’t get enough of it.
Can we talk about this fruit salad for a minute? It takes about 10 minutes to throw together. I used all of my favorite fruits. Blackberries, strawberries, mangoes, and kiwis combined to make this gorgeous and bright salad. The honey lime poppyseed glaze over the fruit gave it a little bit of sweet and tangy. The poppyseed added a fun texture to the fruit and the end result was perfection.
The great thing about this fruit salad is that you can use any fruit that you would like. I would have loved to have added grapes, but they aren’t quite up to my standards yet. There is no way that you can’t make this salad and not have it be a hit wherever you take it! I devoured the entire bowl and needless to say, it is fantastic!
How Do You Make Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad?
- Cut and prepare the fruit and put into a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, lime juice and poppy seeds.
- Drizzle the honey lime poppy seed glaze over the fruit and gently toss. Top with chopped mint if desired. Serve immediately.
What Fruit is Best for a Fruit Salad?
What Fruits Taste Good Together?
Not all fruits play well together. Acid fruits like grapefruit and other citrus, pineapples, pomegranates, sour apples and plums, strawberries and tomatoesdon’t pair well with sweet fruits like grapes, bananas, persimmon, figs, prunes, and dates.
What are Poppy Seeds?
Poppy seed is an oilseed obtained from the poppy. The tiny kidney-shaped seeds have been harvested from dried seed pods by various civilizations for thousands of years. It is still widely used in many countries, especially in Central Europe, where it is legally grown and sold in shops.
How Do You Make a Fruit Salad Last a Week?
- Don’t cut the produce too small – it gets mushy faster when then pieces are small.
- Make sure everything is dry before you put it in the container.
- Keep air off it. Move the salad to a smaller container or ziplock bag as the amount decreases.
- Use lemon juice on fruit salad to prevent browning.
How Do You Stop a Fruit Salad From Going Brown?
Any time you cut fruits like bananas, pears, and apples that you don’t want to turn brown, simply squeeze some lemon juice over them. You can use fresh, or bottled lemon juice (which I usually have on hand). No need to measure a certain amount, just squeeze a generous amount over the fruit and toss the fruit to coat.
Can I Make a Fruit Salad a Day Before?
Fruit salad gets juicier the longer it sits. The basket of a salad spinner will let the extra liquid drain and help the fruit stay crisp when stored overnight. Toss some of the juice back into the salad just before serving for extra sweetness or save it and make vinaigrette the next day.
How Long Will a Fruit Salad Last?
To maximize the shelf life of fresh fruit salad for safety and quality, refrigerate the fruit salad in airtight containers. Properly stored, fresh fruit salad will last for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Looking For More Fruit Salads? Here are More to Love!
Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
A delicious and bright fruit salad made with fresh fruit and a delicious honey lime poppyseed glaze to go on top!
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup kiwis
- 1/2 cup mangoes sliced and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Fresh Chopped Mint for garnish
Cut and prepare the fruit and put into a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, lime juice and poppy seeds.
Drizzle the honey lime poppy seed glaze over the fruit and gently toss. Top with chopped mint if desired. Serve immediately.